Château de Saint Aignan

Partager

Current Size: 100%

Printer-friendly versionSend by email

Château of Saint-Aignan 

 

Visit exterior and grounds

 

This ninth century fortress, of which only the Hagard Tower remains, was witness to many armed clashes before Foulques Nerra seized it in 1037.

 

Located on an isolated spur, the fortress was used to watch over the major roads.

 

During the Renaissance, the castle was a stately home, becoming the seat of the Dukes of Beauvilliers. The octagonal tower was erected in 1830 by the Prince de Chalais, husband of Elodie de Beauvilliers.

 

Today, the castle is private property, however the courtyard and the terrace are open to the public.

 

 

Free Visit 
Maison du Tourisme de Saint-Aignan
Tél : 02 54 75 22 85  
contact

Visit for group

Groupe : Visite guidée de la cité médiévale de Saint-Aignan

Pays d'art et d'histoire de la Vallée du Cher et du Romorantinais

411130 SELLES-SUR-CHER

Tél : 02 54 97 78 60

Facebook